Thursday, April 23, 2009

a little update

It has been a beautiful week here in the Texas panhandle! We have spent the majority of the afternoons outside playing on the swing set, in the pool, jumping on the trampoline and blowing bubbles! I LOVE the warm weather! Sorry for my absence with blogging, it has just been too nice to be indoors! I should get caught up over the weekend though, we are supposed to have several days of rain!

Just a little update on what is going on with my itty bitty!
We got the call from the doctor today saying that her procedures are for sure scheduled for Wednesday...April 29th. We will arrive at Lakeside Hospital at 6am and she is scheduled to undergo a scope and biopsy of her esophagus and stomach at 8am. While she is still under anesthesia, Dr. H will place a probe at the opening of her stomach which will stay in for about 24 hours. After she gets out of recovery, she will be moved to Covenant Childrens Hospital. We will stay there until the probe is taken out and will hopefully be released sometime Thursday afternoon.

I have been very hesitant about all of this but after talking to the nurse today I am feeling more confident about it. I have also been reminded of a song that I sing to Lily daily as I am rocking her to sleep.

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take Him at His word
Just to rest upon His promise
Just to know thus saith the Lord

Jesus, Jesus how I trust Him
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er
Jesus, Jesus precious Jesus
O for grace to trust Him more.


This is one of my favorite hymns...and one of my favorite songs to sing to my sweet Lily!

It is now time for bed!

Goodnight!


0 comments: